Content Management Intern
We're looking for somebody who has a contagious passion for the outdoors that needs to be shared. We want to offer you a platform for your enthusiasm and an opportunity to improve your writing abilities. You'll write engaging blog posts and write rich content that describes our locations well, pulls in the reader with a desire to visit the location, gives an actual portrayal of what a visitor can expect to find when they physically go there, and ranks well in search engines. The position is a mixture of research, writing, and marketing with some outdoor fun thrown in. Previous interns have walked away with great experience and a solid portfolio to show for it.
- Research and write amazing content for outdoor locations across the United States
- Write engaging blog posts on outdoor recreation topics
- Find inspiring photography
- Review, verify and edit existing content for 100s of locations
- Curate user-generated content
- Strong writing skills
- Fluent English
- Self-driven with the ability to set and achieve goals
- Love of the outdoors
Not Required But Nice To Have
- Basic understanding of SEO principles
- Basic understanding of Design principles
FreeArenas.com is a growing website intent on bringing the great outdoors to each and every adventurer yearning to find it. The website is a directory of outdoor recreation locations including hiking, biking, swimming, camping, and rock climbing. Our goal is to make it easy for everybody with a yearning for the outdoors will be able to play like a local, wherever they go.
This position is unpaid with a flexible schedule. The ideal candidate is a college student pursuing a related career who would like to use this experience for college internship credit.