The Billings Rimrocks(The Rims), the often neglected and unjustly overlooked climbing mecca of eastern Montana. The most popular climbing area is above the Gregory Hills subdivision. There are some great cracks and some great although sometimes fragile face climbs. Toproping is the norm because of the aforementioned rock quality although cracks usually take good medium to large sized pro. There are a few bolted routes but choose your poison. Most routes have easily accessable bolt or natural anchors. A great local winter climbing destination but avoid it during the heat of the summer after 10:00am! Also be aware of the very high rockfall potential and belay and hang out well away from the base of the climbs and as always pack out all trash including cigarette butts and tape.
From Billings, Montana
- Head northeast on Montana Ave toward N 23rd St (0.1 mi)
- Turn left onto N 23rd St (381 ft)
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto 1st Ave N (0.3 mi)
- Turn right onto N 27th St (1.4 mi)
- Turn left onto Rimrock Rd (0.2 mi)
- Continue straight to stay on Rimrock Rd (3.0 mi)
- Turn right onto Syncamore Ln (184 ft)
- Turn left onto Gregory Dr S (0.3 mi)
- Continue straight onto Gregory Dr W (131 ft)
Take Rimrock Rd to Gregory Drive and follow it to Gregory Dr North and Rockwood Circle to access Gregory Hills. See each section for their specific directions.