|Address:||5436 E Heise Rd, Ririe, ID 83443, USA|
Maps | Directions
Courtesy of Dean Lords, Route Setter deanlords.blogspot.com
- NO MORE BOLTING as of 5/2012 requested by the Bureau of Land Management.
- The BLM has asked us NOT to park on the road below the cliff. Please use the obvious parking area next to the river before reaching the cliff. The parking area is 2.7 miles up the South Fork Rd on the right from where you turn off of the Ski Hill Road.
- Some of the 1st bolts are high off the ground and require climbing through suspect rock to clip. PLEASE don't trust the stone and protect yourself by clipping the first bolt from the ground with a stick clip.
- Many top anchors are equipped with carabiners for convenience and safety with these short routes. They are not yours to take home! Use them for lowering only. If you are going to top-rope or run lead laps, please use your own quickdraws at the anchors until the last lap, then lower off the fixed biners.
- The rock on most routes is suspect and the climber is not responsible for maintaining awareness of all persons on the ground. If you get whacked by falling rock, it's your own fault. Belay, cheer, observe, socialize in a safe place. Take it seriously and speak up if you see someone in harms way. The climber isn't looking out for your safety... you are. Take it seriously. Serious.
- Rattlesnakes, ticks, and mosquito's. Nothing more needs to be said.
Routes from Left to Right
|50 yard gap|
|Head on a Silver Platypus||5.10a|
|Hustle and Flow||5.12d|
|30 yard gap|
|20 yard gap|
|Rock-in My Sports Bra||5.9|
|Disappearing Hat Trick||5.10a|
|Lords-a-Leaping (AKA 5.7 Crack)||5.7|
|What's the Point?||5.11b|
|The Bicycle Thief||5.10a|
The routes are marked on the map but are not the exact GPS. They are in the right order and should get you fairly close to the right routes.
37.8K Written by endovereric
From Ririe, Idaho
- Head east on Smith St toward 1st E St (0.3 mi)
- Continue onto Archer Rd (1.6 mi)
- Turn right onto E 200 N/Heise Rd/Poplar Loop (0.9 mi)
- Slight right onto Heise Rd/Poplar Loop (0.2 mi)
- Continue straight onto N 4800 E/Heise Rd/Poplar LoopContinue to follow Heise Rd/Poplar Loop(2.9 mi)
- Slight left onto E 100 N/Heise Rd/Poplar Loop (187 ft)
- Slight left onto N 5050 E (0.4 mi)
- Turn right onto E Heise Rd (2.3 mi)
- Turn right to stay on E Heise RdDestination will be on the left(2.6 mi)
A climbers trail directly across from the parking lot leads to the west end of the climbing area and is marked with a small pile of river rocks. This trail will likely flood for a portion of the spring season. A second trail (the original) is located on the east end of the cliff and can be reached from the parking lot by walking east (up river) on the road for a couple hundred yards. If you get to the orange wall, you've gone too far.Courtesy of Dean Lords, Route Setter deanlords.blogspot.com
3/29/18 10:14 pm 6/3/17
Great little crag close to Rexburg. makes a good trip after classes or work. Also has a good mix of routes ranging from a 5.7 all the way to 5.12b.
Edit Review Delete Review